One of the key items a new parent needs when shopping for baby is most definitely a baby rocker. But which one is the one to pick? Well, there are loads of different types of rockers and bouncers out there on the market today with each one promising to be the best. You can pop down to your local department store and pick up a cheap & cheerful plastic bouncer for next to nothing. But they tend not to last the distance and after a year of use they often end up in landfill.
Or you can get on of those cool swing type bouncers or automated rockers but they can be quite bulky and take up a heap of space in your living area. This is not ideal if you have limited space or if you don’t much like being surrounded by baby stuff 24/7.
The 7 Baby Rocker Must Haves
There are seven important things to look for when deciding on the perfect baby rocker for you and your family:
1. Longevity: You need a rocker that is big enough to last up until bub is at least 6 months plus you need to ensure that it will fit comfortably in your living area as that is pretty much where it is going to be for quite some time.
2. Function: there are no Australian Standards for baby rockers so the best way to ensure that your fave rocker is safe then check that it meets the strict European Standards. These standards ensure that your rocker is safe, performs as it should and meets the approved safety measures.
3. Ergonomic: when baby spends any amount of time in any bouncer you want to be sure that they are correctly supported. An ergonomically designed bouncer will ensure baby’s back, hips, head and neck are in the correct position for their own safety and healthy physical development
4. Eco Friendly: in the baby world there is so much junk and waste happening that as new parents it is vital to ensure you limit the amount of waste created. For this reason it is important to look for a bouncer that, after a short time won’t end up useless and in land fill. Look for a bouncer that will stand the test of time and can be passed down to siblings or other family members, then thoughtfully recycled when it has reached its natural end.
5. Hygienic: let’s face it, babies make A LOT of mess on the daily. If you are putting your baby in a rocker on the daily then you want to be sure that you can keep it clean with regular washing so ensure the rocker you choice has a cushioned seat that it removable for cleaning.
6. Value for Money: in those first few months your baby is probably going to spend a lot of time in their bouncer while they digest after a feed, relax and also have some good rocking fun. With this in mind it is quite acceptable to spend a little more as you will be sure to get a lot of bang for your buck. Don’t scrimp when it comes to safety, ergonomics and sturdiness as if you spend wisely it will be a valuable investment
7. Looks: As the saying goes, Looks Don’t Matter, but when it comes to all the baby stuff cluttering up your living space driving you nuts then this saying can take a hike! If you like a living room that doesn’t look like a child care centre then get a bouncer that doesn’t look like a loud, plastic annoying child’s toy. Look for something that will fit in with your home décor and something that compliments your living space
At KJ Essentials for Baby we know parents don’t have a lot of time to be researching and purchasing every single item for their baby. So we have done the research for you and have found what we believe to be the best baby rocker on earth that meets every single one of the listed must haves and this is the Levo Baby Rocker.
Using natural products and clever bentwood techniques the Levo Rocker by Charlie Crane is not only practical and comfortable but also very beautiful to look at.
The Levo Rocker moves when your baby moves so the motion is much subtler and gentler than those battery operated rockers that can be a bit intense & over stimulating for a little one.
As the Levo moves in response to baby’s own movement, if they start up so too will the Levo. The more bub moves the more it will prompt the chair to gently rock and soothe them to comfort. In turn when baby is happy the Levo reacts accordingly to entertain and also teach them a thing or two about cause & effect and help develop their gross motor skills.
The Levo meets the strict European standards and is designed for baby to be comfortably strapped in and their weight evenly distributed so there are not hot spots for them.
Each Levo frame is expertly crafted in wood produced in sustainably managed forest. This wood is treated with a natural protective oil which is authorised for contact with foodstuffs so it looks good and you don’t need to worry about any nasty chemicals harming your baby.
The cushioned top is made from super soft cotton muslin. Each one has a 3 point harness for additional safety and comfort. When it needs a clean all you need to do is pop it in the wash and it will look brand new.
These rockers are lightweight enough to be easily moved around the house to wherever you may be and many parents take them over to friends & relatives houses or on holidays ensuring a little piece of home comes with them wherever they may be.